Cartooning Lesson 6
Welcome to our Cartooning Lesson Six. Print this page and draw this great Back-To-School cartoon.
Let's draw Sandra and Daniel!
- Sandra and Daniel are making their way to class, let's begin by drawing them. Begin with the shape of their heads and hair around it.
- Next, draw the contour of their t-shirts and their backpacks over their shoulders. Draw their legs and feet. Sandra is standing straight and her legs are drawn from a single perspective whereas Daniel is standing at an angle and his legs will appear more dimensional.
Let's draw the school bus!
- It's important to always start with the outlines of your subject matter, that way you can be more in control of proportions and won’t lose track of how much space you need and have for your drawing. A bit of detail is left on the bottom on the tires, a bit of grip for the wheels on the bus as they go 'round and 'round.
Let's draw the school!
- To finish the bus, add some head lights and windshield wipers.
- There is a path between the grass of the school yard for kids to walk to school on. Trace two lines on both sides of Sandra and Daniel.
- On the left there is a picnic bench which can be drawn two-dimensionally. The top of the picnic bench are six straight lines that are diagonal. The seats also move into the same position. Drawing the thickness of the wood requires that you make the bench more boxy looking.
- Behind Sandra and Daniel is their school. With a staircase leading to the main door, five sets of windows and a tiny bit of grass on the bottom left of the school for an artistic touch. Drawing the school requires mostly straight line drawing so feel free to use a ruler.
Finish drawing the school!
- Let’s add some scenery to the school with a couple trees behind it and a some sunshine. The trees are very curvy and large, the sun has triangles surrounding it to look like beaming light. On the bottom left of one of the trees is part of a tree trunk and its roots.
Add some color!
- This is your opportunity to color in your finished drawing however you like. You can also decorate Sandra's lunch box with your favorite animal, cartoon character or whatever else you like.