Cartooning Lesson 5
Welcome to our Cartooning Lesson Five. Print this page and draw this great Fall cartoon. Click here to listen to our song about deciduous trees featured on Celebrate Seasons.
Let's draw the girl raking!
- Head - Start by outlining her face as a circle. Around her face you will need to outline her hair. Draw curved lines on either side of her head for her pigtails and small bows where the pigtails meet her head.
- Body - Her body is a large rectangle with two smaller rectangles for her arms. Next draw two more rectangles for her legs with two heart shapes for her boots.
Let's draw the tree!
Tip: Trees can be very tricky to draw. This is because they are very random and natural. Keep that in mind while you are drawing your tree and use light lines at first so you can easily change a branch or a leaf if it looks odd afterwards.
- The trunk should stretch out from the ground in two long curved lines. Stretch the first two lines almost to the top of the tree that you are drawing. These will guide you for the rest of the branches. Next draw random but natural looking lines for the rest of the branches in the tree. Remember, all branches don't have to start at the tree trunk. Some can start in the middle of other branches.
Trace in some details!
- Tree - Now that your tree has form you should go back over the lines and darken them. Then add in some leaves to make your tree look like a tree in autumn!
- Girl - The form of the girl is also done at this point so before adding in any more detail you should trace the lines of her body. You can also draw in a rake coming out of her hands.
Keep going...you're almost done!
- Finish drawing all your leaves. You can have leaves on the tree, leaves in mid air falling and leaves in a big pile on the ground.
- Girl - Her face and fingers are the last details you have to draw. Add two large circles for her eyes, a small point for her nose and a curved line for her mouth. Don't forget to trace over the rake to make all the lines solid.
Let's finish this lesson!
- Trace over any lines that are not solid like facial features or leaves and your drawing will really take form.
- Girl - Finish by adding a few more details to the girl's face like eyelashes and the pupils of her eyes.
Click here to listen to our song about deciduous trees featured on Celebrate Seasons.